The Humpback whale is truly a miracle in oceanic migration of any species on earth.
The epic migration is over 13,000 kms without feeding relying on fat stores from Antarctica to the Kimberly’s and return, mother’s with calf in tow nurturing them all the way.
The most acrobatic of our magnificent Western Australian cetacean species, the Humpback Whale.
Humpback Whales can be discovered on their northern migration from late May to late August in Augusta and in Perth from September through to early December on their southern migration.
Tour Dates: September – December
5 Viewing Decks over 3 Levels. WA Family Owned & Operated assures superior luxury & service!
Welcome aboard the Steep Point, a $2.5M purpose built luxury catamaran with 30 knot capability, the largest and most luxurious in WA, getting you to the magnificent Western Australian Whales…Fast! This luxurious 25 meter stable vessel provides an excellent platform for whale watching, with 5 viewing decks over 3 levels from which you can sight the magnificent Humpback, Southern Right and occasionally, the very rare Blue Whale along with Seals, Dolphins and migratory bird life from all over the world.
You will enjoy amazing uninterrupted views from water level to the huge open bow & upper grandstand deck, heated interior lounge with luxury lounge seating.
Learn the Language of the Whales from our LIVE expert commentary, witness the Whale Watch TV Theatre and hear the sounds & views from our underwater cameras & hydrophone. Superior service & no crowding is guaranteed along with complimentary tea & coffee & an onboard cafe with eftpos facilities. With a passenger capacity capped at 72 people, there is never over crowding, the vessel also has an enclosed viewing saloon with fully licensed bar facilities.
Enjoy this amazing experience in comfort and style with Whale Watch Western Australia.
All of our tours are genuine 100% guaranteed sightings or a free return tour.
How to Prepare
- We recommend taking motion sickness medication the night prior and on the morning of your tour if you are susceptible. (Please consult your Doctor)
- Warm jacket in all weather conditions is advisable.
- Tours are weather dependent so when possible be flexible in planning your travel date.
- Personal camera if required (Professional photographer is onboard).
Departure Times are 10:00am & 1:00pm
- Sardine Jetty, Mews Road, Fremantle Fishing Boat Harbour
- Please check departure pickup points and times.
- Please arrive 30 mins prior to departure time
- Boarding commences 15 minutes prior to departure.
- Boarding Gate closes 5 minutes prior to departure (No Exceptions)
- Child 0 – 12 years
Join The Pod®️
Learn the Language of the Whales as our onboard live commentary will educate you on why Humpbacks show such active surface behaviour.
Whale Watch experts will guide you through the cruise with in-depth knowledge of the whales as they pair up with their partners on the journey north and their return migration south with new born calves. An underwater camera and hydrophone allows you to watch and listen to the dinosaurs in their natural habitat – an unforgettable experience!
- Luxury lifetime experience at the best price available
- Live commentary from Cetacean behavioural experts
- 100% Whale Watch lifetime sighting guarantee
- Western Australia’s leading award winning Whale Watch
- Excellent 5 star TripAdvisor rating
- Preferred affiliate of many high profile brands
- Educational immersive experience
- Photographer onboard – Free postcard – Free photos
- Safe & easy marina boarding (no beach landings)
- State of the art whale watching vessels
- Underwater camera & microphone with big screen Whale TV
- Family & group specials
- West Australian owned and operated
- Superior service, comfort & safety